Prof. Daniel Gianola (University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA; see his CV) will be Visiting Professor at DAFNAE for 3 months thanks to fundings provided by Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Padova e Rovigo (http://www.fondazionecariparo.net).
During his staying in DAFNAE, Prof. Gianola will give a series of seminars and courses focused on biostatistical methods applied to genetics. Participation to all courses and seminars is FREE upon registration (please see below).
Seminars (announcements available HERE for download)
– Wednesday 7th June 2017 – 5.30pm – Aula Magna at Collegio Morgagni (via San Massimo 33, Padova) – ‘Application of kernel methods and neural networks in quantitative genetics’
– Wednesday 21st June 2017 – 5.30pm – Aula Magna at Collegio Morgagni (via San Massimo 33, Padova) – ‘Enhancing and evaluating prediction machines using resampling: applications to animal and plant breeding‘
Courses and labs (timetable in progress; syllabi are available HERE for download)
– From 26th to 30th June 2017– Room 14 at Pentagono building – ‘An introduction to Bayesian methods for scientists‘ | Lectures from 10:00 to 12:30 | Lunch from 12:30 to 14:00 | Lectured/labs from 14:00 to 15:30.
– From 3rd to 7th July 2017 – Room 14 at Pentagono building – ‘Prediction of complex traits‘ | Lectures from 9:30 to 13:00 | Lunch from 13:00 to 14:30 | Labs from 14:30 to 16:30.
– Labs with Prof. Gustavo de los Campos (see syllabus attached)
The courses of Prof. D. Gianola can be attended only upon filling a registration form >>>>> HERE <<<<<
Information – Contacts
For further information and details, please contact Prof. Alessio Cecchinato (firstname.lastname@example.org | Mobile +39 3346958501).
In collaboration with: